Spinach and Artichoke
This recipe is the perfect combination of artichokes and spinach, the whole family will love!
Recipe developed by: www.fooddolls.com
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 5 oz. fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 jar Cara Mia Artichokes
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, warmed
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the chicken breast on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a 10 inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 30 seconds. Add milk and bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Add the spinach and artichokes, cook until spinach is has wilted (about 2-3 minutes). Add in cream cheese, garlic, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir until the cream cheese is melted and the sour cream has incorporated into sauce. Add the cooked chicken and cover with the spinach and artichoke sauce.
- In a small bowl combine panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle evenly over the skillet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top has browned.