Seven Layer Dip
A fantastic Mediterranean Seven Layer Dip with garlic hummus, yogurt, artichokes, olives, feta cheese and more. The perfect salad dip for parties, picnics and family get-togethers.
Recipe developed by www.diethood.com
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Note: You can make the Dip a few hours ahead of time, but keep it refrigerated and don’t add the olive oil to the top of the lettuce until ready to serve.
- 1 can (16-ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3 garlic cloves
- fresh lemon juice from 1 whole lemon
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- Prepared Hummus Dip
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 jar (14.75-ounces) Cara Mia Artichoke Hearts in Water
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 6 to 8 cups Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 container (4-ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Toasted garlic bread slices for serving
DIRECTIONS – PREPARE THE HUMMUS:
- Place all Hummus Dip ingredients in a food processor; process for 2 minutes, scrape down the sides and continue to process until smooth and thoroughly combined, about 4 minutes. If you like a thinner hummus, add 1 more tablespoon water and process it until combined.
- Spoon prepared Hummus into a deep salad bowl or trifle bowl.
- Add yogurt over hummus.
- Layer artichoke hearts over the yogurt.
- Add sliced black olives.
- Layer lettuce leaves over olives; add tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with a bit of extra virgin olive oil (optional) and serve with toasted garlic bread slices.